Tthe University of Sheffield School of Architecture has launched its 2008 Live Projects, and the fifth and sixth year M.Arch students are currently out there shaping alternative practice in Sheffield (although checking my diary it’s possible the sixth years are huddled away polishing off dissertations this week). Out of tiny seeds are mighty trees grown… project blogs are now the norm and not the exception, and I am one of a growing number of ex-students watching this year’s projects from a distance.
- #01 Scarborough Railway Project
- #02 Arch
- #03 Sheffield Homes Project
- #04 Foxholes
- #05 The Spires Live Project
- #06 Brightside Railway Project
- #07 LIFE Vision for Lansdowne
- #08 Outdoor Classrooms
- #09 Wybourne & Richmond Park
- #10 Sheffield Food Network
- #11 Shelter Library
This year’s M.Arch handbook (pdf) has more information about all the projects and all the design studios launching in November.